Flora: Over 120 types of plant develop in clammy gorges, on greenery – secured shakes and tree trunks. Plants become inexhaustibly in the rainstorm month of July, August and September.
Tree: The slopes grow rapidly wild cherry, wild Apple, Spindle Wood, Oak, Fig, Poplar, Holly, Rhododendron, Masuri Berry, Dogwood, Horse Chestnut and slope fish. At higher elevations, timberlands are swarmed with Himalayan cypress, Deodar, Blue pine, Fir and Long leafed pine.
- Acacia Arabica(Babul) – This tree and other of same sort yield a gum, which is utilized as substitute for gum Arabic.
- Egle Marmelos(Bel) – The natural product is a particular in atonic looseness of the bowels and
- Artemisia Vulgris (Pati) – It has stomachic and tonic properties and is given in fevers.
- Boenning Hausenia albiflora (Pisu-ghas) – Exported and utilized as a drug for poultry.
- Bauhinia Veriegata (Kachnar) – The root in decoction is helpful in dyspepsia and flatulency, the blooms with sugar as tender purgative, and the bark, blossoms or establish triturated in rice-water as a cataplasm to advance suppuration.
- Berberis Lycium (Kingora-ki- jug) – A concentrate from the roots is known as rasaut. The restorative concentrate is exceptionally regarded as a febrifuge and as a neighborhood application in eye ailments.
- Bombax Malabaricum (Semal) – The gum is given in asthenic cases, the root outfits one of the musali and is utilized as a stimulant and tonic and in expansive measurements as an emetic, and the leaves are utilized as a Spanish fly and in unique illnesses.
- Cinnamomum Tamala Tej (Bark), Tejpat (Leaves)– The bark and leaves are utilized as a carminative, sweet-smelling and stimulant in hacks and dyspepsia and for the most part as substitute for tree cinnamon.
- Aconitum Hetrophyllum Atis (Root) – It is utilized as a tonic, febrifuge and Spanish fly.
The valleys of Garhwal are entirely rich in untamed life and are magnificent reason for the naturalist. Protected from trigger-glad masses, creatures and winged creatures possess large amounts of the thick woods.
Creatures: The feline family is bounteous in these mountains and would incorporate the Tiger, Panther, Civet feline, Leopard feline and Jungle Cat. Relatives of the tamed canine would incorporate the Himalayan Silver Fox and the Jackal. Different types of deer including the Musk Deer and the Barking Deer wander in the backwoods. Sambhar and Gural and additionally the Bear and the Porcupine can likewise be seen. The flying well evolved creature, the Bat too is regular. Among the most delightful creatures in this district are the Chipmunk, the Rhesus Monkey and the Flying Squirrel.
Feathered creatures: Over 400 assortments of winged animals have been recorded in the Himalayan area. The shore a backwoods host, the Jewel Thrush, Black headed Oriole, Black headed yellow Bulbul, Rosy Minivet, Laughing Thrush, Golden Backed Wood pecker and the Blue fly Catcher, Wintering waterfowl incorporate the Goosander, Brahmin Duck and Green Shank, Gray headed Fishing Eagles might likewise be seen by the waterway edge. In the wake of climbing more than 5000 feet, the Woodpecker, Thrush and Warbler turn out to be more normal, between 8000-11000 feet, Grosbeak, Rock Thrush, Crested dark Tit and red headed Laughing Thrush are abundantly.