Stok Kangri trek is the best trek in Ladakh which takes you above 6000mts or just below 20000 ft. Stok Kangri is the highest peak in Stok range clearly visible from Leh and surrounding areas. The best part of Stok Kangri trek is that you can reach to its basecamp in just 2-3 days of trekking while in any other part of Himalayas it takes around at least 4-5 days of trekking to reach to the base camp of such high altitude peak. Stok Kangri Trek gives you an opportunity to reach this altitude without the technical expertise in mountaineering. Many mountains in Ladakh exceed an altitude of 6000 meters. Stok Kangri Trek gained considerable popularity along side its sister peak Golep Kangri. Stok Kangri is been declared as a trekking peak by Indian Mountaineering Foundation (IMF) which means less paper work.
Trek Duration : 9 Days 8 Nights
Destinations Covered during Stok Kangri Trek: Leh, Choglamsar, Thiksey Monastery, Shey Palace, Stok Village
Cost per Person: Rs 16700 per person + 4.50% Service Tax (Ex Leh)
Early Booking Cost per Person: Rs 15950 per person + 4.50% Service Tax (Ex Leh)
What’s Included :
- Accommodation during Trek (Camping & Guest house in Leh)
- Meals while on trek (Veg)
- Equipments (Tents, Sleeping Bags, Crampon & Ice Axe)
- First aid medical kits & Oxygen Cylinder
- Qualified and experienced Trek Guide and support staff.
- Transport as per Itinerary
What’s Not Included :
- IMF Fee of USD 50 for Foreign Nationals
- Mineral Water & other Beverages
- Wildlife Fee
- Tips & Gratuity
- Cost incurred due to natural reasons
- Buffer Day
- Any Kind Of Expenses For Loss / Misplaced / Theft On Personal Belongings
- Cost Incidental To Any Change In The Itinerary- Stay On Account Of Train Cancellation / Ill Health / Road Blocks And / Or Any Factors Beyond Control.
DEPARTURES (All departures for The Stok Kangri Trek are ex Leh)
- 1st July 2017- 9th July 2017
- 8th July 2017 – 16th July 2017
- 15th July 2017 – 23rd July 2017
- 22nd July 2017 – 30th July 2017
- 29th July 2017 – 6th August 2017
- 5th August 2017 – 13th August 2017
- 12th August 2017 – 20th August 2017
- 19th August 2017 – 27th August 2017
- 26th August 2017 – 3rd September 2017
- 2nd September 2017 – 10th September 2017
- 16th September 2017 – 24th September 2017
- 23rd September 2017 – 1st October 2017
- 30th September 2017 – 8th October 2017
Stok Kangri Trek Itinerary Detail
Leh (Stok Kangri Trek) DAY 1
Arrival at Leh
Arrive at Leh and check into the guest house and take complete rest for acclimatization.
Leh (Stok Kangri Trek) DAY 2
ACCLIMITIZATION DAY IN LEH
Leh is situated at an average high altitude of 3400mts, land at the only high altitude beautiful airport in Leh and check into Ladakhi family guest house and entire day is for you to relax and acclimatize to the high altitude of Leh. In the evening go for a stroll in the Leh market and enjoy the cultural and natural beauty of Leh city’s barren landscape. Make most of your acclimatization day by visiting Shanti Stupa, Leh Palace and Leh Monastery.
STOK VILLAGE (STOK KANGRI TREK) DAY 3
DRIVE FROM LEH TO STOK VILLAGE AND TREK TO MANOKARMA
Visit Leh Market and have breakfast at one of the famous restaurant of Leh and then we will start our drive to Stok Village the starting point of Stok Kangri Trek. The drive from Leh to Stok Village is a short one but a scenic one. We drive towards Manali on Manali Leh Highway and then take a right turn from Choglamsar towards Stok Village. Meet our trekking teak at Stok Village and start the trek to Manokarma. This first trekking day will show you the real beauty of barren landscape of Leh Ladakh and why Ladakh known as cold desert. It is a fairly easy trek crossing the Stok village and their hydro powered Buddhist prayer wheel.
STOK KANGRI BASECAMP (STOK KANGRI TREK) DAY 4
TREK FROM MANOKARMA TO STOK KANGRI TREK BASECAMP
After breakfast we will start the next leg of Stok Kangri trek the trek to base camp. Stok Kangri trek base camp is a nice place but because of the popularity of Stok Kangri trek it’s always full house at Stok Kangri Trek basecamp.
STOK KANGRI BASECAMP (STOK KANGRI TREK) DAY 5
Today is fairly relaxed day for all trekkers. After breakfast we will go for training to nearby glacier and we will learn How to use crampons? Climbing mountains involves lot of uncertainties our trek leader will let you know about the different situations which might occur and how to deal with them. This is also the day of relaxation, So that you gain all your strength for next days summit push.
STOK KANGRI BASECAMP (STOK KANGRI TREK) DAY 6
Today is the D day of Stok Kangri Trek, we will start early in the morning in two batches the early movers and the Pushers at 12 AM and 1 AM respectively. The Stok Kangri trek route passes the advance basecamp, moraine, and glaciers and then comes the steep slope of the summit ridge full of snow. At the start of this slope wear your crampons and start the long climb. When you will be climbing this you will feel that nobody is moving from their place for hours. This climb is the test of your physical as well as mental strength. For an average trekker it takes around 9 hours to reach the Stok Kangri Summit and if you are a slow trekker then add another 3 hours. The Stok Kangri Summit gives you spectacular views the Himalayas to Karakoram.
STOK KANGRI BASECAMP (STOK KANGRI TREK) DAY 7
REST DAY (SECOND SUMMIT DAY)
After the successful summit of Stok Kangri you would be tired and need rest, today is complete rest for summiteers and those who couldn’t summit today they can go for second attempt. The beautiful location of the base camp, warm soup and playing cards would take away the pain.
STOK KANGRI BASECAMP (STOK KANGRI TREK) DAY 8
STOK KANGRI BASECAMP TO LEH
The Stok Kangri trek includes high altitude trekking and mountaineering is ultimate experience would finally come to an end today at Stok Village. We will be starting early from basecamp and trekking downhill all the way till Stok Village where our vehicles will be waiting for us you to transfer to guest house in Leh.
LEH (STOK KANGRI TREK) DAY 9
Keep a Buffer day while booking your return your flight back to Delhi or alternatively plan a visit to beautiful monasteries in Leh and surrounding areas.
Essentials Things to Get for Stok Kangri Trek
· Backpack (Min 60 Ltrs) with Rain Cover
· Trekking Shoes (Forclaz 100,500 recommended)
· 3 Pairs of Full sleeve shirts/T-Shirt and Track Pants (1 should be waterproof/windproof)
· 3 Pair of cotton socks. 3 pairs of woollen socks
· 2 Full Sleeve Sweater or Fleece Jacket (preferable)
· One Heavy Jacket (Down Feather preferable)
· Thermal Inners 1 Pair
· 1 pair water proof hand gloves
· 1 Pair woollen Gloves.
· Sun Cap
· One Scarf
· Light towel
· Lip Balm
· Cold Cream & Sun Screen (SPF 40+)
· Water Bottle 1 Lt
· Headlamp or torch with fresh pair of batteries
· Personal Toilet Kit and toilet paper
· Personal Medicine Kit
· Dark Sunglasses (U/V protected)
· Walking Stick (At least one)
People who were spectacles-
Should avoid contact lenses and use use photo chromatic glasses