Kashmir Great Lakes Trek is on of the most beautiful treks in the Himalayas which in comparison to others treks in the Himalayas is not that famous.
Kashmir Great Lakes Trek is a classic trek in the Himalayas but in comparison to others trek in the Himalayas it’s not that famous. We at Renok Adventures provide our trekkers a splendid opportunity to experience the nature’s camaraderie in Kashmir – The Paradise on earth. Kashmir Great Lakes Trek is can a wonderful trek for first time trekkers in the Himalayas and considered as beginner’s delight. Kashmir Great Lakes Trek is considered as the best way to see the true beauty of Kashmir lies in the hidden valleys which are not accessible by road.
Trek Duration: 8 Days 7 Nights
Destinations Covered : Srinagar, Sonmarg, Gander bal
Kashmir Great Lakes Trek Cost: Rs 12500 + Service Tax 4.5% (Sonmarg to Narnag)
Early Booking cost for Kashmir Great Lakes Trek (Valid till 30th June 2016): Rs 11950 + Service Tax 4.5% (Sonmarg to Narnag)
- Accommodation during Trek (Camping)
- Meals while on trek (Veg)
- Permits (Foreign national need to pay)
- First aid medical kits
- Qualified and experienced Trek Leader and support staff.
What’s Not Included :-
- Meals during transit
- Mineral Water or soft drinks
- Transportation of any kind
- Cost Escalation due to natural reason
- Unscheduled stay due to landslide.
- 17th June 2017 – 24th June 2017
- 24th June 2017 – 1st July 2017
- 1st July 2017 – 8th July 2017
- 8th July 2017 – 15th July 2017
- 15th July 2017 – 22nd July 2017
- 22nd July 2017 -29th July 2017
- 29th July 2017 – 5th August 2017
- 5th August 2017 – 12th August 2017
- 12th August 2017 – 19th August 2017
- 19th August 2017 – 26th August 2017
- 26th August 2017 – 2nd September 2017
- 2nd September 2017 – 9th September 2017
- 9th September 2017 – 16th September 2017
- 16th September 2017 – 23rd September 2017
- 23rd September 2017 – 30th September 2017
- 30th September 2017 – 7th October 2017
Kashmir Great Lakes Trek Itinerary
- Day 1 : – Srinagar to Sonamarg (9000ft)
- Day 2 : – Sonamarg (9000 feet) to Nichnai (11,500 feet).
- Day 3 : – Nichnai (11,500 feet) Vishansar Lake (12,000 feet).
- Day 4 : – Explore Vishansar Lake and Kishansar Lake (12,000 feet)
- Day 5 : – Vishansar lake (12,500ft) to Gadsar (13,750 ft) via Gadsar Pass
- Day 6 : – Gadsar (12,000 ft) to Satsar (12,000 ft)
- Day 7 : – Satsar (12,000ft) to Twin Lakes of Gangabal (11,500 ft).
- Day 8 : – Gangabal (11,500 ft) to Naranag (7,450ft).
Kashmir Great Lakes Trek Itinerary Detail
Sonamarg (Kashmir Great Lakes Trek) DAY 1
Drive from Srinagar to Sonamarg (9000 ft, 4 hrs)
We will arrange your transport from TRC Srinagar to Sonmarg which is a short drive of around 2 hours. Its picturesque drive from Srinagar to Sonamarg which takes around 2 hrs but prior to that you can make a short trip to famous places of Srinagar like Dal Lake, Mughal Gardens etc. Reach Sonamarg by evening and stay in tents ahead of Sonamarg our trek starting point and enjoy the beauty of Sonamarg at its best. Pickup Cost is Rs 500 one side extra
Nichnai (Kashmir Great Lakes Trek) DAY 2
TREK FROM SONAMARG TO NICHNAI (11500FT, 6 HRS)
Today is the actual start of the Kashmir Great Lakes Trek just few kilometres ahead of Sonamarg. The trekking tail starting point is marked by a nice roadside Dhabha where one can buy packaged food items for the trek. The trekking tail follows the Sindh River through the forest full of Maple and Pine trees. After trekking for few hours turn around to see the superb panorama of Sonamarg valley.
VISHANSAR LAKE (Kashmir Great Lakes Trek) DAY 3
TREK FROM NICHNAI TO VISHANSAR LAKE (12500FT, 6 HRS)
Trek from Nichnai to Vishansar Lake is long but a scenic one it passes through beautiful lush green meadows then small ascent to Nichnai Pass and from small descent to Vishansar Lake. The best part of Kashmir Great Lakes trek is that views it offered to trekkers. We cross Nichnai pass which is quite wide open and offer great views of white snow clad peaks.
VISHANSAR LAKE (Kashmir Great Lakes Trek) DAY 4
Exploration Day (12500FT, 6 HRS)
The day is free to explore the Vishansar Lake and its surroundings which just few minutes away from our campsite. The must things to do in Kashmir Great Lakes Trek are to capture the reflections of mountain peaks in the lake. We will conduct a basic photography workshop “Stop Shooting Auto”. Also explore the nearby Kishansar Lake which is also big and deep blue in colour.
GADSAR (Kashmir Great Lakes Trek) DAY 5
TREK FROM VISHANSAR LAKE TO GADSAR (13750FT, 6 HRS)
After breakfast we will start our trek passing by Kishansar Lake towards Gadsar Pass and to reach there it takes around 2 to 3 hours depending upon your pace and once you reach the top, be ready to absorb the views which you can never imagine both the Vishansar Lake and Kishansar Lake are in full view together. Gadsar is one of the most beautiful and most pristine lake of the Kashmir great lakes trek. On one side of the Gadsar lake lies the snow clad cliffs and on the other side open lush green meadows.
SATSAR (Kashmir Great Lakes Trek) DAY 6
TREK FROM GADSAR TO SATSAR (12500FT, 6 HRS)
Start the trek with breathing exercise and nice breakfast beside the army camp. The best way to reach Satsar is after crossing the river and enjoys the dipping of your feet in ice cold water. Satsar is basically a collection of 7 lakes and you can actually find water in various lakes depending upon the season of your trek and all of them are interconnected. Camp at the beautiful campsite near the first lake.
Gangabal LAKE (Kashmir Great Lakes Trek) DAY 7
TREK FROM SATSAR TO GANGABAL TWIN LAKES (12500ft, 6 HRS)
Today is a tough day and be prepared for a long arduous trek through the rocky terrain full of boulders. Crossing last Lake of Satsar we will start descending towards Gangabal our today’s destination.
VISHANSAR LAKE (Kashmir Great Lakes Trek) DAY 8
TREK FROM GANGABAL TO NARANAG (12500ft, 6 HRS)
Today is the last and final day of Kashmir Great Lakes trek, you must be tired and exhausted. Start trekking towards the tree line alongside the stream and then through Pine forest and grassy land to reach our final destination of Naranag where our jeeps would be waiting for us.
Photo Credit : Pradeep Flickr Stream