- The nearest airport to Kullu is the Bhuntar Airport, which is only 10 kilometers away. Air India is the major operator here and has regular flights connecting Kullu to large cities like Delhi, Chandigarh, and Shimla. Kullu can be reached within 30 minutes from the airport by road.
- The other airport in the vicinity is at Gaggal and is called Kangra Airport. This airport is nearly 200 kilometers from Kullu.
- The Himachal Road Transport Corporation has a huge network and caters to the needs of the people and ensures that there is always a regular fleet of buses. Plenty of Volvo Deluxe Buses and Non-A/C Luxury Buses ply between Kullu and Delhi, Chandigarh and Shimla on a daily basis. The Volvo buses cost approximately Rs. 1000 and the non-AC buses are a little lesser.
- Travelling by car is an easier option to get to Kullu and would definitely be faster and more comfortable than taking a bus. Kullu is connected to Delhi via NH21 and the distance of 570km can be covered in 10 hours. The other alternative would be to come from Chandigarh (270 km) which would take around 6 hours. Kullu can also be reached from Shimla (210) in 5 hours.
- There is no railway station in Kullu and the closest narrow gauge railhead is Joginder Nagar which is 125 kilometers away. However, the nearest railway station with regular and frequent trains is Chandigarh which is 270 km away from Kullu. Chandigarh station is a broad gauge railhead and is well connected to all the major cities and towns in India. Kullu can be reached from Chandigarh either by bus or taxi within 6 hours.
- The other but lesser popular options include Kiratpur Station which is 200 kilometers from Kullu on the Kullu-Chandigarh highway and the Una Station which is nearly 260 kilometers from Kullu.
Also, check out:
Lahaul & Spiti Valley:
Treks and Trek maps: